the jessing center
The Jessing Center is named in honor of Monsignor Joseph Jessing, founder of the Pontifical College Josephinum. Constructed in 1938, the building housed the seminary’s library until 1982, when the resources were moved to the main building. The former library building - extensively renovated in 1997 and again in 2013 - is available for multi-purpose use by both the Josephinum and outside groups. For information, please contact Bosc+Brie, the Jessing Center's exclusive caterer, at 614-985-2215 or by email.
Our dedication to our mission calls us to maintain an environment conducive to prayer, study, peacefulness and safety for our seminarians. Because the Pontifical College Josephinum is not a parish church, wedding ceremonies are not permitted on campus. The Jessing Center may be reserved for wedding receptions; see "The Jessing Center" above.